There are a few reasons why your clients’ job may not initially appear in the Indeed search results, including failure to adhere to our job posting guidelines. Even if jobs appear in search results initially, they can stop being displayed later. We encourage you to read through and familiarize yourself with our educational materials and work directly with your clients to ensure their jobs adhere to our guidelines to mitigate job quality issues.
Here are the top 5 reasons jobs don’t appear in search results:
- We haven’t received their jobs yet. It generally takes at least 24 hours for their jobs to show up on Indeed once you’ve added them to your feed. To locate your client’s jobs on Indeed, follow these instructions.
- Their job has reduced visibility due to violations of our job posting guidelines. We encourage ATSs to work proactively with their clients to ensure jobs adhere to our guidelines. You can find resources that address the top job quality issues here.
- Jobs are duplicated onsite. Indeed is a search engine and even if we have a direct feed from an ATS, we may still aggregate listings from employer career pages, staffing agencies, job boards and other sources. We do our best to filter out duplicate postings but it can take time for our system to identify duplicates. If a client thinks a job is being duplicated, they should reach out to us here.
- We view your client as a recruitment-based company (US/CA only). Recruiting companies are only visible on our site if the job is sponsored. More information about our policy can be found here.
- Their jobs are still being reviewed. The jobseeker is the focus of Indeed’s mission to Help People Get Jobs. Our Search Quality team continuously reviews jobs that are sent to us from all sources, including from ATSs. Jobs that adhere to our job quality guidelines get their jobs on our site faster. To find out more about Search Quality at Indeed you can go to our Employer Help Center.
If, after reviewing the Top 5 reasons above your clients’ jobs still aren’t appearing on Indeed, your client must reach out to Indeed here and use the following messaging:
“I am a new client of [fill in ATSName here], an Integrated ATS with Indeed, and my jobs are included in their comprehensive XML feed. I need a CS rep to review my jobs to determine if they are suitable for organic visibility per Indeed’s Quality Standards.“
Note: Jobs that do not meet Indeed standards may be subject to review and require additional information. Listings that prove misleading, compromise the job seeker experience or those which we are not convinced represent a “real” job may be removed from search results altogether. Please note: Indeed may reject or remove any job and may disable any Company's account, for any or no reason. We cannot give every reason why a job or a company may be removed, and we always retain the right to remove any job, organic or sponsored, if we feel it is in our interest or our users’ interest.